Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
Lot #9043

Sunday, July 19, 2015

The reality of moving

My house was once beautiful, and will be again. Right now?  I'm blaming it on a hurricane... in Ohio.  


We spent our first night in the house. I worked until 2am and came home to an unfamiliar house. I had to keep some lights on just to find my way through the maze of boxes and junk.  It was difficult to get to sleep but that was to be expected. There are always new sounds to get used to. Once asleep I was out for the count. It's been a long and tiring week. 


Some areas are starting to come together.  We are tag teaming the house. He's working on the office and I'm working on the kitchen. Once those two spaces are clear it will bring the stress levels down. 



The loft is probably the calmest spot right now. Just our old sectional and a TV that still needs to be mounted on the wall. This house is bigger than I thought. This sectional took up a big chunk of my old living room. It fits perfectly in the loft. 


We used to have to move the chairs to get out our old sliding door. Here in the new house there is plenty of space to get by. In fact it dwarfs my table. I may get a bigger one, some day. 


Well it's time to get back at it. I just needed to come up for some air. 


2 comments:

  1. So many gorgeous windows!! Especially in the family room. I'm so happy for you guys! The home is lovely. We are STILL trying to get things placed. Motivate me please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely don't miss all of the boxes. Good luck getting everything unpacked! Your kitchen looks great!

    ReplyDelete