Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
Lot #9043

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

"I'll be back"

I work with computers on a daily basis. We always have the newest smartphones. Heck, I've even kind of figured out this blogging thing. I would venture to say I am technologically inclined. That is, until I tried to do the laundry. 


These new "smart" appliances are a little scary. They beep at you, sing to you and have buttons I've never even heard of. 



Feeling clearly out of my league I begrudgingly opened the manuals. I read about each feature and the basics on how to use them. I loaded up my "he" detergent, chose the preferred cycle and pushed start. Then The Machine took over. I seriously had a major "Terminator" moment as it locked it's lid and did things I've never seen before. It agitated, twisted back and forth and went into a serious spin, sounding as though a plane were preparing to take off. This was the load sensor doing its job. (Whatever that really means). 

In the end The Machine was defeated and actually sang a sweet little song as it finished its cycle. But I am still watching them out of the corner of my eye. When they try to take over the world, I'll be ready. 

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! I could not agree more! My thoughts were "what happened to hot, cold, colors and white options?" I felt like I needed a class to successfully do the laundry.

    ReplyDelete