Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
Lot #9043

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Moving up the schedule

We are having our walk-through tomorrow at 1pm.  Unfortunately my schedule has changed and I will be at work for the walk-through. 

We spoke with Jeff and he told me to take some blue painters tape to the house tonight and mark what I want fixed.  He already has little pink markers where he has asked for fixes.  My boyfriend will be there for the walk-through.  He has heard me ramble on enough about the house, he knows exactly what I want.

I am also keeping notes on some issues.  I asked him about the cabinet hardware that still hasn't been installed in the bathrooms.  I paid $500 for hardware and if it only included the kitchen cabinets I'm going to be pissed. 

They haven't painted the trim on my front door.  I was told the trim is plastic and if painted, it will just peel.  Uhhmm what???!!!  The trim on the side-lites was exactly the same and is painted white.  Is that going to just peel as well??  The door on the model home is almost exactly the same as mine and it's painted.  This is a $1400 door!!  How am I getting a plastic piece of crap that can't be painted??  I just don't understand.  I'm not going to have ugly brown trim on my black, gray and white porch.  Not going to happen. 

The garage door openers have yet to be installed.  The landscaping was done today, and the sod will be in tomorrow.  My boyfriend is really happy with it, and since the yard is his baby, I am happy as well.

We had our master bedroom windows measured for plantation shutters.  Dang!! they are spendy!!  We have two windows and the cost is over $1000!  My boyfriend chose a really  high quality brand and they are going to look amazing, but it's safe to say we won't be installing them in any other rooms.

The house is all cleaned up.  I will get some good pics when I go back tonight.  Phew, this process has just been exhausting.


No comments:

Post a Comment