Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
Lot #9043

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Pantry project pt 1

Stenciling 

I have never stenciled anything before. Well maybe an elementary project way back when, but never walls. 

I bought the stencil "Venetian scroll" from Cutting Edge Stencils. It's plastic, washable and reusable. 


It comes with a level that you can clip onto it to line it up. 





I sent a post out on FB at this point saying how easy it was. Well... I hadn't done the corners yet, YIKES!



Luckily this is my pantry and shelving will hide most of the imperfections. The design is also very forgiving to those areas that just didn't match up right. 

After stenciling the two main back walls I taped off the edges and painted the rest. There was just no way I was going to try and stencil around a doorway. 




It took about 4 hours to complete. And here's the finished product. 


Next step: Shelving

I was also able to get the niche painted. Now it's time for a 10hr shift at work. It's going to be a tiring week. 




8 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm so impressed that you're already in there painting. The pantry came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great. I've always preferred stencils over wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, it looks amazing!! I totally want to stencil a space in the new house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh that's gorgeous! Great job on the stenciling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE the stenciling. I was curious as to how that would look when I was scrolling. ;) You are seriously one heck of a go-getter/DIYer.. please come help me. It's been so hard getting things going around here and I've been in two months! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I don't have a brand new baby at home. Those first few months of life just fly baby. I think spending time with her is more important than decorating. Take it one project at a time.

      Delete