Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
Lot #9043

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

A tale of two tubs

So the bathtubs arrived yesterday. I took pictures and just assumed they were the correct ones. Never really checking the size or boxes. My boyfriend, on the other hand, was eagle eyed when he visited the house this morning. 



We payed just over $1200 to reframe and rotate the basement bath to accommodate a 66" soaker tub for my boyfriend. It was our compromise as he wanted a tub in the master bath. I preferred the deluxe shower and its plan layout. 

Well the boxes in the garage both say 5' tub. They were trying to install the standard tub in our hall bath and the basement as well. He sent an email to JP first thing this morning. 

While I visited I was able to meet up with him. He was going over to check on it. Well, he made fast work of it. We stopped by this evening and two brand new boxes sat in the garage. The previous two tubs had disappeared. Now I'm not sure if either tub was really the right one. I'm just glad it hasn't delayed things too much. 

Moral of the story:  Check and recheck everything as often as you can. Imagine the delay had they installed the wrong tubs. 


2 comments: