Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
Lot #9043

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Houston, we have a problem

I took my normal route home from work and cruised by The Bluffs.

The model home is coming along  nicely. I think they plan on finishing by the end of February.

The crew was working on the Camden. The basement is dug out. I'm not sure if they have the footers in. I didn't want to disturb the crew.

My lot looks beautiful, as always. There are new green stakes all over. One in the front of my lot, right in the middle. I'm wondering what the green means.

Now here is where I begin to question everything. I drive up to Cathy & Johns lot. The forms are no longer lying all over. Yet, they aren't down in their basement area either. I look across the street at the spec house and the forms are up in their basement!!  What the heck?!

I came home and told the boyfriend about it. How can the spec house be moving along faster than a home already under contract?  We didn't know. It's not our house so maybe there were delays.

We decided to message Susan and just see what was going on. Her response surprised me. She told us she had been out there earlier in the day and she was just as surprised as we were. She messaged Jeff, the construction supervisor. His explanation was that the crew got confused. Uhmm, how does that happen?  The forms were sittin ON Cathy & Johns lot. It took MORE work to move them across the street to put up elsewhere. How does that happen?  Jeff has promised Susan that Cathy & Johns framing will be done first.

Needless to say, my boyfriend and I are looking at one another in bewilderment. Wondering if they screw something like this up, how are they going to get all the little intricate changes in our home right. I guess we are going to have to be on top of everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment