Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
Lot #9043

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Model Home, The Hammond, at the Bluffs


 We are very lucky to  live just a few blocks away from our development.  The only home that has been started is the model home on the front corner lot.  They are building The Hammond, which was originally what we had chosen to build, until we were able to tour one.  A great plan, just a little too small for our family.

I drive by at least twice a week to check on the progress of the development, and most especially, the model home.  I'm interested to see the timeline in which they complete it, just so I have a better idea of what to expect when our building starts.

November 26, 2014 - The pavement was poured this day.  the model home is on the right side of the road where all the piles of dirt are.  At this point is was just a hole in the ground with footers.  They couldn't get the molds for the basement walls delivered until they had pavement.  They ended up pouring another layer of pavement later in the week to smooth it all out.  This was the first time actually being able to get in to the development, so I'm not sure how long the process was to get to this point.


December 6th, 2014 - The basement walls are up and the molds are off.  From what I can tell, they didn't like to work on weekends at this point.

 

December 13th, 2014 - The floor joists are being installed.  Wow, working on a Saturday!!  I was impressed.  Susan told us that they were given rush orders on this model, as they want her on site to sell the lots.  Now I'm wondering if they are going to work weekends when it's our turn to be built.






December 16, 2014 - Large shipments of lumber were lying around the lot.  No one was on site working.  I assume because it was raining pretty good that day.



 December 17th, 2014 - What a difference a day makes!!  I turned the corner on to the development and my jaw dropped.  There was nothing here but floor joists just yesterday!!  This was at about 1pm, and there was no one on site, so it had all been done just that morning.  I assume they were at lunch?? I will be driving by again tomorrow to see what they accomplished.  All I can say is Wow!!  I am impressed.


No comments:

Post a Comment