Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
Lot #9043

Monday, February 23, 2015

Winter blues

We just received the message that our dig wouldn't be happening this week either. Bummer deal. 

I've been watching the forecast like a hawk. It's supposed to be in the mid 20s tomorrow and Wednesday. Apparently that's not quite warm enough. Next Monday and Tuesday will be above freezing, at least part of the day. I'm crossing my fingers we get the go ahead for next week. 

I drove by The Bluffs and the only thing happening was indoors. There was a van parked in front of the model home and Cathy & Johns place. I'm assuming trim work in the model. I think it was dry-walled a couple of weeks ago. Cathy and Johns Bentwood is coming along nicely. The windows are in and the barrier is on the roof and exterior walls. They put the windows in at the end of last week. Now it's electrical, plumbing and all that fun stuff. 

The other two homes are still at the basement stage. Wood has been delivered to both, which now sits in about 6 inches of snow. On the plus side, the roads are plowed and dry. 

Sigh, someday it will be our turn. 

1 comment:

  1. I guess the good news is your wood isn't sitting in snow. :) it's going to warm up one day, hopefully sooner rather then later.

    ReplyDelete